Celtic Tub Refinishers, Inc. warrants that all of the work that we perform will be free from delaminating, cracking, peeling or any workmanship defect (not caused by neglect or mistreatment on the part of the customer) from the date of completion for a period of five (5) years*. If any of our work requires a touchup and falls within the limits of this warranty, all labor and materials will be supplied at no charge.
Celtic Tub Refinishers will NOT be liable for:
- Damage caused by objects placed on the refinished surface such as: suction-cup bath mats, pillows, soap dishes or any similar products used on the surface.
- Damage caused by the use of any product not specifically designed for acrylic surfaces including: Comet, Kaboom, Ajax or ANY other abrasive cleaners, acids, toilet bowl cleaners etc.
- Damage caused by the use of abrasives such as: scrubbing sponges, steel wool, sandpaper or any other gritty objects or cleaners.
- Damage caused by the bathtub being exposed to water within 24 hours following the completion of the refinishing.
- Damage caused by tools, ladders or other heavy objects in the tub, dropped on the tub or knocked against it.
- Celtic Tub Refinishers, Inc. is not responsible for dust particles that may fall into the tub while the new finish is drying. Most particles caught in the topcoat will be removed naturally in the process of normal cleaning. Picking at spots is not covered.
- Celtic Tub refinishers, Inc. will not be responsible for any damage caused if the care instructions are not followed.
- Celtic Tub Refinishers, Inc. is not responsible for damage caused by the removal of any tape and paper by the homeowner. Care and patience is required.
Rust, corrosion, mineral buildup, spot repairs, and all other surfaces are not covered under warranty. Any warranty given by Celtic Tub Refinishers, Inc. is not transferable to a third party. Any scratching, deterioration of glossy surface or staining over time due to usage, cleaning practice or water conditions will be considered normal wear.
*Surfaces refinished on commercial or rental properties are covered under warranty for a period of one (1) year.
Caring For Your Surface
This same Process is used to refinish bathtubs, shower stalls, wall and floor tile, vanities kitchen cabinets, countertops, sinks, appliances, airplanes, boats and a host of industrial surfaces. Although the Refinished surface is extremely durable after its curing time, it will last longer if you follow these basic principles.
1) Do not step on, place objects on or use the newly refinished surface for a period of at least 48 hours after the process has been completed. DO NOT BE ALARMED if you find dust has settled in the finished surface. This is normal as we are not working in a dust-free environment. Normal use and cleaning will remove surface dust within a few days. DO NOT try to remove particles by picking at them.
2) Do not allow water on the surface for at least 24 hours after work has been completed.
- Do not use any acid compounds such as drain openers or tile grout cleaners.
- Keep all harsh chemicals away from the surfaces, including hair dyes, nail polish removers, perfumes, etc.
- Use rubber toys only. Hard plastic toys may chip the new surface.
- Keep hot objects away from the refinished surface. Damage may occur to any refinished surface when exposed to extreme heat.
- Do not use mats with suction cups.
- Do not wash your dogs on the new surface. Their nails can scratch the surface.
- Do not leave items sitting on the refinished surface for extended periods of time.
- Do not use bleach. Bleach should not be used to clean your new surface because it will discolor the surface. It will kill mold, make your white clothes whiter, but will wreck everything else.
3) Your new surface is easily cleaned with a mild liquid cleaner. You can use Fantastik, Formula 409, Lysol Tub & Tile, Simple Green, Scrubbing Bubbles or any dishwashing liquid.
DO NOT USE TILEX!! DO NOT USE SOFT SCRUB, COMET, AJAX OR ANY OTHER HARSH POWDERED CLEANER. Do not use abrasive scrubbing pads such as Scotchbrite or any similar as these will scratch the new surface, A cleaning pad designed for cleaning Teflon surfaces works well.
4) Showering or tub bathing. We recommend the use of liquid soap or body washes as they rinse easily with water and help prevent the buildup of soap scum.
5) Keep the surfaces from staining. Maintain faucets and plumbing as rust from dripping faucets will stain any surface. Do not subject the surface to any dye. Don't leave shaving foam or other steel cans sit on the surface for long periods of time as they will rust and stain your surface.
6) Surface damage risk during the first 20 days. Curing will be complete in about 20 days.
7) Keep the surface shiny. After it has cured completely (after about 3 weeks), you can wax/polish your tub once every four months with a urethane polish (Car polish). This will help protect against dirt. DO NOT WAX BOTTOM OF TUB! Major slipping hazard.
If you treat your new surface with care, cleaning it regularly it will stay shiny and bright and will give you many years of trouble-free service.